iOS/Safari Setup issues
I need a hint how to solve my problem getting a video to run on an iOS device.
What I have:
- the current (pro) version of the JW Player
- the encoding is OK (tested the video without the player/server setup)
- MIME Type the server sends is video/mp4
- when I put the video on a different test server it runs on iOS without any problems
- the live server uses HTTPS, the test server HTTP
- the video with the player throws "ERROR LOADING MEDIA: FILE COULD NOT BE PLAYED" on the live server (Safari/Mac)
- if I try to open the URL of the video on a iPhone the video will not play (live server), it works if I open it on the test server
- if I try the video with safari and the JW Player I get the error message. If I call the video URL without the player, the video runs in Safari. If I call the JW Player now (video has been cached), it runs inside the JW Player
Any idea what I have to change on the live server to solve this problem?