MP4 not working in Chrome (The video could not be loaded)
I've noticed, that at some point not so long ago, html5 playback has stopped working in Chrome on the two places where I use JWplayer.
On one page, I have encoded the videoes with Handbrake (using a modified preset) and on the other one, I used ffmeg with an old preset-file I managed to scavenge out of a backup.
I searched a bit and saw referenced to the Range Request header, but couldn't really find any tips on how to enable or disable this in Apache, so.. I did a bit more digging and testing.
I have no problems with the examples on the website and there was another user who posted a link to an MP4 he had problems with that was fixed. Using his file, I have no problems with Chrome and my own setup.
I saw somewhere, someone mention that one should make sure to use MPG4, Version 2 and not 1, but.. the test-file I got is also only version 1.
Now I'd like to get to the bottom of this and I think the transcoding options are the place to start for this one since it could be an update to Chrome that has messed things up.
Someone said 'use ffmpeg -vcodec libx264'. This isn't enough to make it work for me, and even the handbrake-encoded files aren't working.
Can someone please post the options they use - both in Handbrake and ffmpeg - possibly also with links to working sites.
My videoes are here:
http://gc.denada.dk (files transcoded with ffmpeg)
http://gsak.dk - transcoded with HandBrake